Registered Office and Mailing Address:
CT Ipswich Limited
8 Olympus Close
Registered Number: 9104037 England
VAT Reg Number: GB193084593
Platform of the EU Commission regarding online dispute resolution: http: //ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
All sales & quotations are subject to the following conditions of sale: –
- The right to refuse cancellation or change to an order is reserved in the case of goods ready for despatch.
- Orders are accepted and promises for despatch given conditionally upon our being able to secure necessary labour materials and without responsibility for delays through risk, strikes, accidents or other events beyond our control.
- An extra charge will be made to cover the cost of special carriage when necessary. If this applies, you will be advised.
- No responsibility will be accepted by us or the supplier under any circumstances for goods damaged in transit, breakages, pilfering or shortages, or delays in transit unless notification is made in writing given within 2 working days of delivery.
- All accounts are payable to our Head Office at 8 Olympus Close, Ipswich IP1 5LN within the terms agreed. The company reserves the right to stop all further supplies if account payments are not made on time.
- All accounts and terms are subject to alterations without notice.
- Any quotation whether sent out by letter, email or given by telephone, or set out in a catalogue or price list etc is for information only and is not binding or to be considered a contract between this company and the customer
An order is accepted on the basis that the goods will be invoiced at the prices detailed in our current price list at date of despatch less any discount agreed in writing or as detailed in our written quotation. The company reserves the right to review, change or vary any quotation prior to despatch of the order.
- Any goods returned will be subject to a maximum handling charge of 25%. No goods can be collected without a written collection note and the customers invoice number. Goods must be returned within one calendar month of purchase. Plain tiles will only be collected in full carton quantities. The cost of returning goods to the manufacturer/supplier will be charged extra. All good returned for credit must be in resaleable condition otherwise a credit will be refused.
- VALUE ADDED TAX is already included in published prices.
- Images and descriptions used in our showrooms, on-line or in our promotional material are for guidance and to help illustrate our products. Printed material and computer displays may not accurately show colours/textures and finishes and we recommend that you visit our showrooms and/or obtain a sample before buying or placing an order.
Samples, colours, textures, finishes and glazes can vary considerably over a period of time. Samples on show therefore are for general guidance only and may not be current stock.
- Hand decorated tiles and feature tiles in particular are likely to have variation within the same batch or from the corresponding plain tile. This is however, a regular characteristic of this type of tile and we cannot be held responsible for variations of this nature after they have been fixed.
- Goods cannot be supplied on sale or return basis.
- Although we keep a large product range in stock there is still a number of ranges produced by the manufacturers for which there is limited demand. These can be obtained as a Special Order subject to written confirmation. Retail customers must pay in full when placing a special order.
- Special order tiles or products are strictly non-returnable and cannot be cancelled or amended once despatched and in transit from the manufacturer or supplier.
- All English tiles are made to British standard 6431. European tiles and many non-European manufacturers tiles are made to European Standard EN14411. Deviations in size and calibre are allowed for within these standards and should be checked for prior to fixing. This means that small variations in size, shade and calibre are acceptable. The glazed surfaces shall not show any objectionable defects when viewed from a minimum distance of one metre with the naked eye. The batch shall be deemed satisfactory if not less than 95% are free from defect and that it is normal for up to five tiles in one hundred to be slightly marked or damaged. (These can be used for cuts).
- The goods sold remain the property of CT Ipswich Limited t/as Ceramic Tiles until such a time when full payment has been received from the customer. The company reserves the right to recover any order which remains unpaid after its due date from the customer or their location of use.
- No claims for colour or shade variation, size variation, finish variation or any other product defect will be entertained after tiles have been fixed. All customers both retail and trade or their sub-contractor should check tiles or products thoroughly when received and before use. It is essential to dry layout an area using a mix of the contents of several boxes when fixing tiles to check for shading issues or faults. This also disperses any minor shade variations and improves the appearance of the finished installation.
- Superdeals are end of line clearance deals and available stock may be from mixed batches only. You should purchase sufficient tiles for your project as we cannot guarantee future availability. Once the existing clearance stock has been sold further stocks will not be available.
- No tile is guaranteed against crazing.
- All floor tiles are graded for suitability to individual specifications and no claim will be accepted when problems result from the tiles being fixed outside the manufacturer recommendations. If in doubt, please check before fixing. E.g.2* Light domestic use only i.e. upstairs bathroom.
3* General domestic use, but not in areas of high traffic particularly where exterior footwear is regularly used.
4* Heavy domestic and light commercial use.
5* Suitable for commercial use.
- Glazed tiles can be subject to some wearing after a period of time. In areas of commercial use customers should check the product suitability before any tiling work is carried out. (Refer to point 18).
- We cannot be held responsible for the area in which tiles are installed unless we specifically state their suitability in writing. This is the responsibility of the customer or their fixer/contractor.
- We strongly recommend that all tiles supplied by the company are installed by a trained and experienced ceramic tile fixer.
- We cannot be held responsible for technical advice or product recommendations given or allegedly given to customers by our staff unless it is confirmed in writing.
This service is available upon request.
- Rectified tiles should be fixed following manufacture guidelines – no more than a 2mm joint, grout should be filled flush with the tile and a grout protector solution applied to all joints in shower areas.
- Where tiles are fixed over under floor heating mats, the heating mats should not be switched on for a minimum of 7 days after installation to allow the tile adhesive to fully dry. After this has occurred the temperature of the mats should be set at a no more than 16 degrees and increased by no more than 2 degrees each day until the normal desired temperature is reached. We cannot any accept claims if this guidance is not followed.
- All coverage quantities shown for sqm areas are nominal and for guidance only.
- Telephone calls may be recorded for training or monitoring purposes.
- All ready-mixed adhesives require evaporation to set and cure. Evaporation will speed up if the tiles are being fixed to an absorbent surface such as plasterboard, plaster or render but the process will slow down if fixed to non-absorbent surfaces such as tile backer board, old tiles or painted surfaces. To speed evaporation, it is good practise to leave the joints un-grouted for 7-10 days.
As a general rule do not use ready-mixed adhesives on tiles larger than 300x300mm (900cm2) or impervious tiles such as porcelain or glass.
If in doubt use a cement-based powder tile adhesive which cures chemically and does not require evaporation to set.
- Complaints; please contact us: CT Ipswich Ltd, 8 Olympus Close, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 5LN. Tel: 01473 745478. email@example.com
- A 2% surcharge will be made for any trade account paid for by Credit Card. Normally we do not accept card payments over the phone.
- Blue Light Card Holder Discounts are available strictly in-store only and only if presented at time of purchase.
- The customer is responsible for ensuring order details and quantities, including spares and wastage, are correct at time of purchase. We accept no responsibility for shortages caused as a result of incorrect order quantities.
- The customer has the legal right to cancel and return their order, under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, within 14-days of the final delivery of your order. Should you wish to return the supplied goods for any reason, you must notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and to receive a refund. The customer will bear the full direct cost of returning the goods. We cannot offer refunds for perishable products, unless otherwise faulty.
- Proof of Order confirmation will be required when collecting your goods from a branch
- Online orders are not accepted by us until the confirmation email has been sent, until this email is received orders can be cancelled and refunded as necessary.
- The tileandstonegallery.co.uk website is intended for use by UK residents only.
- If we are unable to complete delivery of a customer order due to it not being accepted or there being no-one present to accept and sign for the delivery, the customer may be liable for redelivery charges
- Our website contains many goods. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some pricing errors of the goods on the website may occur. We will normally check prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that:Where the correct price for the goods is less than the price stated on the website, we will charge you the lower amount when dispatching the goods to you; andIf the correct price for the goods is higher than the price stated on the website, we will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the goods at the correct price, or to cancel you order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing.Payment for the goods must be made using the payment facilities available through the website. We will withhold the goods and/or cancel the contract between us if payment is not received from you in full in cleared funds.